The Plattsburgh-North Country Region is a center of bountiful agriculture as well as business and industry. In fact, 30% of the total land in Clinton County is active farmland, producing everything from milk and honey to apples and lumber.
The Plattsburgh-North Country Region Is:
- The heart of New York's MAPLE SYRUP COUNTRY.
- An important center of DAIRY FARMING, serving the northeast U.S.
- A major center of U.S. APPLE production, including America's largest McIntosh apple orchards. Clinton County alone hosts 3500 acres of apple trees producing some 1.5 million bushels each year.
- Adirondack forests and sawmills are famed for their fine LUMBER and WOOD PRODUCTS.
- A recognized center of MORGAN HORSE breeding.
- A world renowned center for agricultural research, including the MINER INSTITUTE.
- Not to forget North Country eggs, meats, vegetables, honey, potatoes and more!
THIS STRONG AND DIVERSE AGRICULTURAL BASE NOT ONLY ADDS TO OUR QUALITY OF LIFE, BUT OFFERS RICH OPPORTUNITIES FOR AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AND FOOD RELATED INDUSTRY.