4/4/2017 - Creating a Safe and Respectful Work Environment Harassment and Violence PreventionLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 12:00 PM
Member Price: $12.00 / Non-Member Price: $12.00
Creating a Safe and Respectful Work Environment Harassment and Violence Prevention
In this workshop, we will focus on creating a safe and supportive work environment for everyone.
- Test their current knowledge of sexual harassment and workplace violence trends and risks
- Be aware of the concept and definitions associated with discrimination, sexual harassment and violence in the workplace
- Identify situations and behaviors that could be perceived as sexual harassment and/or violent
- Apply specific strategies for preventing and eliminating sexual harassment and violence in the workplace
- Select how to appropriately respond to allegations of sexual harassment and violence in the workplace
- Review the behaviors defined as violent and recognize the four main categories of workplace violence
- Identify patterns of behavior and behaviors of concern - both which indicate risk of violence
- Explore ways intervene to prevent violence from ever occurring in the workplace
- Review Run, Hide, Fight and discuss safety during an active shooter incident
Instructor: Tedra Cobb, Tedra L. Cobb and Associates
Tedra L. Cobb is the president and owner of Tedra L. Cobb and Associates focusing on employee and management training in effective hiring practices, performance management and supervisory leadership, sexual harassment prevention, time management, customer service and professionalism, problem solving and decision making and communications. Ms. Cobb’s specific areas of expertise are program and organizational development and the presentation of highly effective, interactive educational workshops. Ms. Cobb holds a M.S. Ed. in Instructional Technology, specializing in Training and Development, from the State University of New York at Potsdam.
Funding Provided By:
New York State Occupational Safety and Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged!
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.
Events & Programs