4/26/2017 - Professional Development for Administrative AssistantsLocation: North County Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 10:00 AM - End Time: 4:30 PM
Member Price: $200.00 / Non-Member Price: $300.00
Professional Development for Administrative Assistants
April 26, 2017
Enhance your effectiveness as an administrative assistant. Clarify your role by obtaining guidelines. Keep up-to-date on the status of your profession. Discover if your job description really reflects what you do and obtain a format that will. Learn to be more assertive by improving your self-esteem. Learn effective time management skills to help you plan and organize your workload, increase the value of your work by taking independent and self-initiated actions, plan and time your schedule and take action steps to achieve what you want when developing your career path. Improve your image and professionalism.
Role of the Administrative Assistant
- Definition of Administrative Assistant
- Guidelines for fulfilling the role
- What do bosses and AAs want from each other
Your Job Description
- Advantages of job descriptions
- What a job description should contain
- Determining your key responsibilities
- How to write, rewrite or update your job description
- What is "assertiveness"
- How to distinguish it from aggressiveness
- Basic human rights
- How to know when not to be assertive
- How to increase your self-confidence and self-esteem
- How to receive and give praise
- Dealing with difficult situations assertively
- Basic Principles
- Identifying timewasters
- Finding solutions for timewasters
- Saving your boss time
- How to enhance your career goals
- Career planning
- Career paths for support staff
Improving Your Professional Image
- Administrative Assistant compensation
- How to dress for success
- Communicating with the opposite sex
- Managing your boss
- Writing a report on the seminar
Speaker: Paul Loftus, Paul Loftus & Associates
Paul Loftus has been conducting seminars for administrative assistants for many years. In addition to the United States, he has conducted these seminars in Canada, Bermuda, United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.
- Coffee, Water and lunch will be included with your registration.
- Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar & no shows will be charged!