11/1/2017 - 11/2/2017 - Asbestos Initial O&MLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 4:30 PM
Member Price: $48.00 / Non-Member Price: $48.00
Asbestos Initial O&M
November 1-2, 2017
8am-4:30pm both days
NYS O&M certificates are intended for all staff of an employer who perform maintenance or repair work that will fit into one glovebag or one tent. This course also meets the training requirements for the OSHA construction asbestos standard 1926.1101, for Class III workers, and Class III and Class IV competent persons. Under the OSHA asbestos standard, a Class III worker is a worker that is likely to disturb (even accidently) ACM that will fit into a maximum of one 60 inch waste bag.
- physical characteristics,
- medical hazards,
- respiratory protection, and
- recognition of damage,
- deterioration, and delamination of ACM,
- proper handling techniques,
- and proper clean-up procedures.
NYS requires a 1/2-day annual refresher course.
Instructor: ANGELO GARCIA, FUTURE ENVIRONMENT DESIGN
Angelo Garcia, III is founder and president of Future Environment Designs (FED), one of the nation’s leading indoor air quality, industrial hygiene and safety service companies that is based in Syosset, New York. He has been a consultant working with government and industry on issues relating to asbestos and indoor air quality since he founded the company in 1988 An industrial hygienist since 1981, Mr. Garcia is certified on the national level as a Council-Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC), Indoor Air Quality Professional (CIAQP) and Indoor Air Quality Consultant (CIAQC) and has achieved the highest level of accreditation in the field.
Funding Provided By:
New York State Occupational Safety and Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund
- Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged!
- Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.
- Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.