2/1/2018 - Twisting, Turning, Bending/Preventing InjuryLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 12:00 PM
Member Price: $12.00 / Non-Member Price: $12.00
Twisting, Turning, Bending /
Why are so many people injuring their back? How often have you thought this in the last month? Understanding how the body works
and why it breaks down is the first step to preventing back injuries in the work environment and at home! This workshop will teach you:
· How to identify and quantify ergonomic risk factors that lead to injury
· How to problem solve solutions with your employees
· How to educate and train employees in better work patterns
· Long term injury prevention strategies
Instructor: LOUISE F. LYNCH, PT, INJURY HEALTH MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
Louise has a bachelor’s degree in Physical therapy from the University of Vermont. She has been an orthopedic and industrial physical therapist for 17 years. She is the owner/president of Injury & Health Management Solutions, Inc a consulting company specializing in training and prevention of workplace injuries. She has provided training to many companies including IBM, Burton Snowboards, Vermont Safety & Health Council and the Small Business Development Corp. She also provides training in Ergonomics, Functional testing, and marketing for Roy Matheson Associates. She has provided this training around the US and Canada, and as far away as Ireland and Hong Kong. She is a certified Ergonomic Evaluator specialist (CEES).
Funding Provided By:
New York State Occupational Safety and Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund
- Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged!
- Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.
- Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.