2/13/2018 - Trenching & ExcavationLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 4:30 PM
Member Price: $24.00 / Non-Member Price: $24.00
Trenching & Excavation
This course will focus on OSHA Standards and on the safety aspects of excavation and trenching. Students are introduced to practical soil mechanics and its relationship to the stability of protected and unprotected slopes and walls of excavations and trenches. Various types of protective systems and techniques will also be discussed.
This course covers OSHA standard 1926 subpart P as it relates to:
· Soil classification
· Sloping and benching
· Timber shoring
· Aluminum hydraulic shoring
· Requirements for protective systems
· Manufactured tabulated data
· Site specific engineering
· General requirement and competent person responsibilities
Instructor: Ron Witt, Catamount Consulting
Ron Witt has been involved with safety and safety training for over 25 years. His work experience includes mining and construction and general industry; 12 years working in surface mining, 13 years working for a large Mid-Atlantic Construction company as their Safety Management expert. As a safety professional Ron has provided a wide variety of training and consulting solutions to industry as well as being a speaker at many mining and construction safety seminars and conferences. As a past instructor for both Penn State and Drexel University, currently working with Lehigh- Carbon Community College, he is the owner of Catamount Ron Witt LLC. Ron is a Certified MSHA Instructor, Master OSHA Instructor, ATSSA work zone Instructor. Ron is also an instructor for the Rigging Institute providing expertise in rigging, signaling and crane safety. Ron holds certifications from the NCCCO for both certified signal person and rigger.
Funding Provided By:
New York State Occupational Safety and Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund
- Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged!
- Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.
- Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.