12/12/2017 - Conflict ResolutionLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 4:00 PM
Member Price: $195.00 / Non-Member Price: $295.00
Presenter: Paul Loftus, Paul Loftus & Associates
Conflict is pervasive in our society today. In the workplace it exists between and within individuals, groups, sections, units, departments, divisions, etc. Managers now spend up to 30% of their time resolving conflicts. If not dealt with properly, conflict can have an extremely dis-ruptive effect on the productivity, the morale and the efficiency of our organizations
Your success at work and in life depends to a large part on how well you deal with conflicts you have with others. People who can deal successfully with conflicts have a real advantage in the workplace.
The Nature of Conflict
- Reasons for conflict
- Knowing when it is present
- Sources of conflict
- Financial and non-financial costs of conflict
- The conflict cycle
Intervening Factors in Conflict
The Approaches to Dealing with Conflict
Uses of the Different Approaches
- Discovering your own approach to dealing with conflict
- Appropriateness of each approach to different business situations
- Understanding the background to different conflict situations
- The role of negotiating in conflict resolution
The Conflict Resolution Process
- Uncovering underlying concerns
- Constructive resolution
- Identifying conflict modes
- The importance of active listening in conflict resolution
Day to Day Conflict Situations
- Case study
- Skill practice
Managers, supervisors, group leaders, trainers, consultants and others who are entrusted with maintaining good working relationships. In this seminar you will examine the causes and sour-ces of conflict and leave with solutions to put into place upon returning to your job.
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged!
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.