6/5/2018 - Diversity & Inclusion in the WorkplaceLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 12:00 PM
Member Price: $45.00 / Non-Member Price: $90.00
Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Over the last few years, the North Country has seen extensive economic growth an expansion. This influx of activity has resulted in an upswing of new people and industries to Upstate New York.
These factors have increased the importance of effectively managing a diversified environment. All workforce managers will benefit from the social awareness obtained by attending this comprehensive half day seminar.
- Develop Skills for Communicating More Effectively with People from Diverse Cultural, Religious and Racial Backgrounds.
- Minimize Potential Misunderstandings in the Workplace.
- Understand the Advantages of Diversity.
- Discussion of Pre-Seminar Assignment
- Cultural Exercise 1: “How Cultures Differ when Faced with a Dilemma.”
- Cultural Exercise 2: Form Completion
- What is Culture?
- “The Cultural Iceberg”
- Body Language in Different Cultures
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Diversity in the American Workplace
- Advantages of Diversity
- Promotion of Workplace Diversity
- Skills for Managers: Individual and Team Task
- Gender Quiz
- Communication Skills
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identification
- Generational Differences in the Workplace
- The Significance of Religion
- The Impact of State and Federal Legislation
- Case study
- Speaking English to Non-Native Speakers
Speaker: Paul Loftus, Paul Loftus & Associates Inc.
Paul Loftus is an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist, an Intercultural Consultant and a Freelance Journalist. He has conducted management development seminars throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. His seminars cover various areas of management skills including media interviews, cross cultural competence, managing diversity and the various seminars he will be conducting for the North Country Chamber.
He has appeared on a number of television and radio shows in Canada, Bermuda and Europe. He co-hosted a community television program in Montreal for many years. Paul has had many articles published in journals in North America, Europe and Asia. He co-wrote the book “Time Well Spent: Getting things done through effective time management” which was published by Kogan Page.
Paul graduated from University College Dublin, Ireland, with a B.Comm., and from Concordia University in Montreal with a B.A. in Psychology. He holds an M.Sc. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from Lamar University, Texas.
His professional affiliations include membership in The Association for Talent Development, The American Management Association, The American Chamber of Commerce in Canada, The Society for Human Resource Management, The Ireland-Canada Chamber of Commerce, The British Quebec Business Coalition, The North Country Chamber of Commerce, The Montreal Press Club, The Quebec Writer’s Federation and others.
Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged!
Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.