12/18/2018 - 8 HOUR HAZWOPERLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 4:30 PM
Member Price: $25.00 / Non-Member Price: $25.00
8 Hour Hazwoper
This course meets the requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 for eight hours of annual refresher training for workers at hazardous waste sites. This course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards. The course covers topics pertaining to workplace hazards associated with Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER).
· HAZWOPER and other relevant regulations
· site characterization
· hazard recognition
· personal protective equipment
· air monitoring equipment
· decontamination, medical surveillance
Instructor: Erik Sandblom, P.E., KAS Inc.
Mr. Sandblom is Vice President and Principal Engineer at KAS, Inc., a professional consulting firm providing services in the areas of civil engineering, environmental management, and industrial hygiene. Mr. Sandblom has over 20 years of experience in design and construction and in the investigation and remediation of hazardous waste sites. He has real world experience in implementing the health and safety programs that he covers in the programs that he presents and brings that experience into the classroom.
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged
Funding Provided By: New York State Occupational Safety & Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund