2/21/2019 - TRENCHING & EXCAVATION OSHA 29 CFR 1926.651Location: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 4:30 PM
Member Price: $25.00 / Non-Member Price: $25.00
This training is rescheduled from 1/29/19
Trenching & Excavation OSHA 29 CFR 1926.651
This course will focus on OSHA Standards and on the safety aspects of excavation and trenching. Students are introduced to practical soil mechanics and its relationship to the stability of protected and unprotected slopes and walls of excavations and trenches. Various types of protective systems and techniques will also be discussed.
This course covers OSHA standard 1926 subpart P as it relates to:
· Soil classification
· Sloping and benching
· Timber shoring
· Aluminum hydraulic shoring
· Requirements for protective systems
· Manufactured tabulated data
· Site specific engineering
· General requirement and competent person responsibilities
Instructor: Scott McCart, Catamount Consulting
Scott worked 23 years in the NYS Police Department. Scott has over 5 years of experience in the safety field. He is an OSHA Certified Trainer and has held the position of Safety Director focusing on EHS and Risk Management. His certifications are OSHA 510, OSHA 500, OSHA 7500, OSHA 30, OSHA 10. First Aid and CPR, Confined Space, Fall protection, PPE, Excavation safety, HAZCOM, LOTO, Scissor lift, Boom and Fork lift training, scaffold and Preston deck training, vibration hazard, Industry lighting, and Silica in construction.
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged
Funding Provided By: New York State Occupational Safety & Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund