3/7/2019 - HAZCOM-HAZARDOUS COMMUNICATIONLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 12:00 PM
Member Price: $13.00 / Non-Member Price: $13.00
HAZCOM – Hazardous Communication
This course meets the requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200 for training of employees in the Hazard Communication Standard. The course will include newly adopted provisions that are in the United Nations Globally Harmonized System (GHS).
· Hazard identification and classification
· Labeling requirements
· Labeling systems (GHS, HMIS, DOT, NFPA)
· Safety Data Sheets (i.e., MSDS)
· Written program requirements
· Training and documentation requirements
Instructor: Chris Fuller, KAS Inc.
Chris joined KAS in 2018 after working as a commercial oceanographer in Texas. He has 25 years’ experience conducting environmental research at both Texas A&M and Clarkson University including: contaminant fate and effects; marine and riverine hydrodynamics; and water quality. He has practical experience managing environmental programs: including spill prevention control and countermeasure plans; environmental permitting; waste characterization; and analytical chemistry. He earned a Ph.D. (2011) Civil Engineering from Texas A&M University. Chris enjoys spending his free time hiking, fishing, running, cycling, or anything outside with family and friends.
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged
Funding Provided By: New York State Occupational Safety & Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund