3/26/2019 - CONFINED SPACE OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146Location: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 4:30 PM
Member Price: $25.00 / Non-Member Price: $25.00
Confined Space OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146
Confined spaces can be some of the most dangerous work areas at a jobsite. This eight-hour course will satisfy the confined space training requirements of 29 CFR 1910.146. Through this course you will learn what it takes to be compliant with the latest standards from OSHA on confined spaces in general industry.
- Requirements for employers
- Identifying permit-required confined spaces and non-permit required spaces
- Definition of “Competent”
- Atmospheric hazards and physical hazards
- Permit-Required Confined Space Entry Program requirements
- Confined Space Entry equipment
- OSHA’s alternate entry procedures
- Requirements for rescue and emergency services
Instructor: Chris Fuller, KAS Inc.
Chris joined KAS in 2018 after working as a commercial oceanographer in Texas. He has 25 years’ experience conducting environmental research at both Texas A&M and Clarkson University including: contaminant fate and effects; marine and riverine hydrodynamics; and water quality. He has practical experience managing environmental programs: including spill prevention control and countermeasure plans; environmental permitting; waste characterization; and analytical chemistry. He earned a Ph.D. (2011) Civil Engineering from Texas A&M University. Chris enjoys spending his free time hiking, fishing, running, cycling, or anything outside with family and friends.
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged
Funding Provided By: New York State Occupational Safety & Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund