4/11/2019 - SPILL TEAM TRAININGLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 12:00 PM
Member Price: $13.00 / Non-Member Price: $13.00
Spill Team Training
This course provides awareness and basic training for employees to respond to spills. The course will focus on OSHA requirements in dealing with chemical and petroleum spills and will touch upon other jurisdictional requirements.
· Planning for spill response
· Use of the Emergency Response Guidebook
· Spill identification
· Protection of responders (personal protective equipment)
· Spill containment procedures
· Spill cleanup procedures
· Paperwork and final notification procedures
Instructor: Chris Fuller, KAS Inc.
Chris joined KAS in 2018 after working as a commercial oceanographer in Texas. He has 25 years’ experience conducting environmental research at both Texas A&M and Clarkson University including: contaminant fate and effects; marine and riverine hydrodynamics; and water quality. He has practical experience managing environmental programs: including spill prevention control and countermeasure plans; environmental permitting; waste characterization; and analytical chemistry. He earned a Ph.D. (2011) Civil Engineering from Texas A&M University. Chris enjoys spending his free time hiking, fishing, running, cycling, or anything outside with family and friends.
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged
Funding Provided By: New York State Occupational Safety & Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund