5/28/2020 - Chemical SafetyLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 12:00 PM
Member Price: $14.00 / Non-Member Price: $14.00
This course is intended for supervisors, safety team members and safety coordinators. The topics covered are the storage, use and disposal of flammables, corrosives, toxics and reactives. It will touch on elements of OSHA Subparts H & N, with respect to storage. The training will improve OSHA compliance and instruct employees on prevention of injuries, fires, and spills through safe handling and storage.
· Chemical Hazards (Physical/Health),
· Physical Properties,
· Compressed Gases and Cryogenics,
· Spill response
Instructor: Bruce Gray, Landrock E&S Consulting
Bruce Gray is President of Landrock E&S Consulting, Inc., a Plattsburgh firm providing Environmental and Safety consulting services since 2003. Previously, Bruce has twenty-three years experience in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries, including 15 years as the Environmental & Safety Manager at Wyeth Pharmaceuticals in Rouses Point. Bruce received his Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from Lehigh University and his Master of Arts in Management from Plattsburgh State University.
Funding Provided By: New York State Occupational Safety and Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged