4/2/2020 - 4/3/2020 - POSTPONED-10 HR OSHA ConstructionLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Address: 7061 State Route 9 Plattsburgh NY 12901
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 4:30 PM
Member Price: $0.00 / Non-Member Price: $0.00
Watch for more information!
10 Hr OSHA Construction
4/2: 8am - 4:30pm
The OSHA 10 Hour for Construction Industry provides training for entry-level workers and employers on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards in workplaces in Construction industry. The program also provides information regarding workers' rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint. Through this training, OSHA helps to ensure that workers are more knowledgeable about workplace hazards and their rights. Students who successfully complete the OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry course receive an OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry wallet card from the OSHA Training Institute.
This OSHA 10-Hour Construction course covers a broad spectrum of valuable health and safety workplace topics that will familiarize you with OSHA Construction standards. These topics will include the OSHA Construction Focus Four, identifying common worksite hazards, tool operation and more. Introduction to OSHA, Fall Protection, Electrocution Hazards, Struck-By Hazards, Caught-In Hazards, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Health Hazards, Material Handling, Tools — Hand and Power, Scaffolding and Excavation and Trenching.
Upon successful completion of this 10 Hour Program, you will be able to:
· Explain OSHA’s purpose and how its standards serve to make the workplace safer for construction workers
· Discuss the major areas in construction to which OSHA standards apply, and what those standards mandate
· Recall what employer/employee issues OSHA covers, how and when to contact OSHA , & what protections OSHA may provide
· Name overall safety practices relevant to the construction industry, and explain what precautions to take against hazards on the job
· Obtain your OSHA 10 Card
Instructor: Ron COONS, Catamount Consulting
Ron Coons has more than 30 years of business leadership experience in various industry sectors with the last 16 years’ being spent helping businesses make dramatic improvements with their safety and health programs. He is the founder and past president of the Safety & Health Council of the Hudson Valley, a VPP affiliated not-for-profit that offers free training and networking opportunities to its more than 500 members. He is an OSHA outreach trainer for both construction and general industry and recently launched the Academy for Performance Excellence which offers seminars and workshops that focus on developing an organizations “in-house” resources who are charged with the responsibility of improving employee safety and health. He holds Bachelors in Occupational Safety & Health Management as well as a Certificate in Industrial Hygiene and Human Resource Management.
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged
Funding Provided By:
New York State Occupational Safety & Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund