Schedule - Session Descriptions and Speakers
Schedule of Events
- 9:00am-10:00am: Registration/table set-up
- 10:00am - 11:15am: Guided Networking with Tom J. Bull
- 11:15am - 11:30am: Exhibitor Floor Walk/Break
- 11:30am – 12:15pm: Breakout Session #1 (will feature two seminar options)
- 12:15pm – 12:30pm: Exhibitor Floor Walk/Break
- 12:30pm – 1:45pm: Lunch with Keynote Speaker Brian Trzaskos
- 1:45pm – 2:00pm: Exhibitor Floor Walk/Break
- 2:00pm – 2:45pm: Breakout Session #2 (will feature two seminar options)
- 2:45pm - 3:00pm: Exhibitor Floor Walk/Break
- 3:00pm – 6:00pm: After Hours - Networking Receptions (Sponsored by CAS & Chartwells)
Session Times and Descriptions
Opening Session: 10am - 11:30am - Guided Networking with Tom J. Bull
Networking It can be scary, but vital to business. But have no fear, we’ve got you covered. At its core networking is about building relationships and that is exactly what this session will help you do. Executive Life Coach and Business Culture Consultant, Tom Bull, will help take the scares out of networking by helping you develop a powerful mindset and an understanding of the fundamentals of networking, why it is important, lead you through a few guided exercises and set you up with important takeaways that you can use immediately to hone your networking skills.
This session is not only for beginners, but also a great refresher for seasoned pros too, who are looking to reconnect with colleagues after the last tumultuous few years!
Let’s have some fun and build those relationships!
Breakout Sessions - 11:30am-12:15pm
Topic #1: What your injured employee thinks of you! Navigating the New York State Workers’ Compensation Law & related benefits
Are you responsible for employees who get hurt while working from home? Can the contraction of covid-19 be considered work-related? What happens after your employee is injured or becomes ill as a result of their employment? What are your obligations as an employer post accident? How can we safely and legally get our injured worker back to work?
Join Attorney Alex Dell for a behind the scenes discussion from the perspective of an injured workers’ attorney about what really happens after an employee is injured or becomes ill due to their employment, the benefits available to your employees for work-related and non work related injuries and practical tips to take care of your employees to ensure a productive work force.
Topic #2: Demystify the Current Financial Picture
With higher inflation rates than in recent history, rising interest rates, new retirement legislation for businesses and lots of other financial buzz in the media, several business owners and employees are wondering how this is effecting them. What does the future hold, what are the country's trends and what can be done to help businesses thrive in this uncertain financial climate? Join Leslie Ranger as she takes some of the mystery out of these uncertain times.
Luncheon Keynote: 12:30-1:45
Topic: The 3 Blessings of Burnout
The Harvard Business Review reports that 89% of employees say that their work lives are getting worse and 85% report that their well-being has declined. According to a recent survey conducted by the Global Leadership Forecast, 86% of high-potential employees feel “used up” at the end of the workday, 66% of Human Resources professionals feel the same and about 44% of those leaders are considering changing companies. In essence, we are in the beginnings of a serious and likely sustained burnout crisis and yet organizations in general seem to be at a loss in how to effectively change our relationship with stress and burnout in the workplace.
So, what are we missing? That the answers and blessings for solving burnout are hiding in plain site. In this engaging, energizing, and mind opening talk we will reveal together the three hidden blessings behind what we are experiencing in today’s often overwhelming world. Participants will leave this experience with holistic, practical strategies to immediately address stress and burnout issues both personally and professionally, leading to more energized, motivated, and productive living.
- Understand the hidden causes of excess stress and burnout
- Have 3 practical strategies for daily burnout prevention
- Learn how to burnout proof your life and organization
Breakout Sessions - 2:00pm - 2:45pm
Topic #1: Top 10: Diversity Business and Workforce Development Secrets
- Learn about the top 10 diversity, equity, and inclusion business practices to support increased business development (B2B, B2C, B2G) and strengthen your workforce development efforts.
- The Demand for Skilled Talent is your look into the hiring trends making noise across the country. Learn why employees are looking for new jobs amid the Great Resignation and explore the new hiring and retention challenges employers are facing as they adapt to the needs of a more mobile workforce. This presentation also delves into the latest numbers on hiring, hybrid work and the cost of a bad hire.
Adirondack Information Security
Agency Insurance Brokers, Inc.
Behavioral Health Services North
Best Western Plus Plattsburgh
Brennan Buick GMC
Burnham Benefit Advisors, LLC
Champlain National Bank
College Auxiliary Services
Commercial sales - Business Supply
Dannemora Federal Credit Union
Della Auto Group
Future Environment Designs, Inc.
Glens Falls National Bank
HCR Home Care
Hickok & Boardman Insurance Group
Hudson Headwaters Health Network
Jack Scott Media
Law Firm of Alex Dell, PLLC
Loreman's Embroidery, Engraving & Screenprinting
Moose Tracks Station
North Country Workforce Development Board/OneWorkSource
St Lawrence Federal Credit Union
The Hoffman Ells Group CPA's P.C.
The Northeast Group
Tobacco-Free CFE & Reality Check/Champlain Valley Family Center
UFirst Federal Credit Union
UVM Health Network CVPH