5/4/2017 - LockOut/TagOut(LOTO)Location: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 12:00 PM
Member Price: $12.00 / Non-Member Price: $12.00
Effective identification and control of hazardous energy will not only save your company money, it may also save a co-worker’s life. Data from OSHA estimates that non-compliance with LOTO causes 120 fatalities and over 50,000 injuries each year. Stories of employee’s lives cut short due to a failure to control a hazardous energy are more common than we want. Additionally it is one of the top 10 most cited standards with OSHA compliance audits. This session will help you develop or fine tune your LOTO Program.
Main topics covered in this course include:
- Review of OSHA requirements from 29 CFR 1910.147
- Key steps to making your LOTO program effective
- Responsibilities of authorized, affected and other employees
- Lockout vs tagout – what are the differences
- Examples of lockout procedures
Instructor: Lola Miller, LLM Safety Consulting
Lola Miller is Owner of LLM Safety Consulting. Lola has over fifteen years experience in health and safety. Her services include compliance and risk audits; creation of corporate safety standards including implementation guidance and training materials; and consultation assistance when dealing with OSHA and maintaining compliance with OSHA regulations.
Funding Provided By:
New York State Occupational Safety and Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged!
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.