5/22/2018 - Supervisor SafetyLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 4:30 PM
Member Price: $24.00 / Non-Member Price: $24.00
Supervisors are often put in a position to handle multiple things such as safety, quality and production. Join us for a short seminar that will assist in fine-tuning these skills. This course is designed to assist supervisors in both an OSHA and MSHA work environment.
Topics to be covered include:
· the role of the supervisor
· motivating others
· teams and teambuilding
· leadership skills in action
· supervisors as effective communicators
· human behavior and performance
· good documentation
· handling litigation
· handling inspections
· using and understanding reference materials
· creating a positive environment
· prevention not avoidance of accidents
Instructor: Scott Mckenna, Catamount Consulting
Scott McKenna is the President of Catamount Consulting of New York. He is a professional member of the International Society of Mine Safety Professionals (ISMSP), a certified instructor with the Mine Safety Health Administration, and an OSHA Certified Construction Trainer. He has over 10 years experience in the mining and construction industries and is active in the Joseph A. Holmes Safety Association among others. He has authored or contributed to several published articles on construction and mining safety and lectures on a regular basis to a wide variety of business and safety professionals. Mr. McKenna is also a certified trainer or instructor in a broad range of disciplines.
Funding Provided By:
New York State Occupational Safety and Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund
- Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged!
- Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.
- Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.