6/25/2018 - 6/26/2018 - 10 Hour ConstructionLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 4:30 PM
Member Price: $36.00 / Non-Member Price: $36.00
10 Hour Construction
June 25, 2018 **8am-4:30pm**
June 26, 2018 **7am-11am**
This course will provide contracting personnel and individuals who are responsible for on-site contractors the basic knowledge and tools necessary to control hazards associated with construction. It covers OSHA policies, procedures and standards as well as safety and health issues. Topics to be covered include each section of the OSHA construction standards. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are the most hazardous, using the OSHA standards as a guide.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive a construction safety 10-hour course completion card.
Introduction of OSHA, including:
• Health Hazards in Construction
• OSH Act/General Duty Clause 5(a)(1)
• General Safety & Health Provisions, Competent Person, Subpart C
• Recordkeeping (CFR Part 1904)
• Electrical, Subpart K
• Fall Protection, Subpart M
• Personal Protective & Lifesaving Equipment, Sub part E
• Materials Handling, Storage, Use & Disposal, Sub part H
• Tools-Hand & Power, Subpart I
• Scaffolds, Subpart L
• Cranes, Derricks, Hoists, Elevators & Conveyors, Subpart N
• Excavations, Subpart P
• Stairways & Ladders, Subpart X
Instructor: Ron Witt, Catamount Consulting
Ron Witt has been involved with safety and safety training for over 25 years. His work experience includes mining and construction and general industry; 12 years working in surface mining, 13 years working for a large Mid-Atlantic Construction company as their Safety Management expert. As a safety professional Ron has provided a wide variety of training and consulting solutions to industry as well as being a speaker at many mining and construction safety seminars and conferences. As a past instructor for both Penn State and Drexel University, currently working with Lehigh- Carbon Community College, he is the owner of Catamount Ron Witt LLC. Ron is a Certified MSHA Instructor, Master OSHA Instructor, ATSSA work zone Instructor. Ron is also an instructor for the Rigging Institute providing expertise in rigging, signaling and crane safety. Ron holds certifications from the NCCCO for both certified signal person and rigger.
Funding Provided By:
New York State Occupational Safety and Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged!
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees