4/13/2017 - Hazard Communication with GHSLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 12:00 PM
Member Price: $12.00 / Non-Member Price: $12.00
Hazard Communication with GHS
This course meets the requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200 for training of employees in the Hazard Communication Standard. The course will include newly adopted provisions that are in the United Nations Globally Harmonized System (GHS).
- Hazard identification and classification
- Labeling requirements
- Labeling systems (GHS, HMIS, DOT, NFPA)
- Safety Data Sheets (i.e., MSDS)
- Written program requirements
- Training and documentation requirements
Instructor: Erik Sandblom, P.E., KAS Inc.
Mr. Sandblom is Vice President and Principal Engineer at KAS, Inc., a professional consulting firm providing services in the areas of civil engineering, environmental management, and industrial hygiene. Mr. Sandblom has over 20 years of experience in design and construction and in the investigation and remediation of hazardous waste sites. He has real world experience in implementing the health and safety programs that he covers in the programs that he presents and brings that experience into the classroom.
Funding Provided By:
New York State Occupational Safety and Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged!
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.